Saturday, July 3, 2010

California memories







We returned very late on Thursday to a soggy, flooding Texas. It made me miss California all the more! After spending 4 days in Cambria at my brother's lovely new "beach house," we returned to Bakersfield where I was able to reconnect with several very dear friends. There's something about passing time with people who have known you for most of your life and who understand more about you than you understand about yourself. Take my 92-year-young piano teacher and friend. She has such a deep understanding of life and of what's important. I continue to learn from her, as I did for many years in her music room. What a blessing!
My Santa Barbara friend has such a wealth of knowledge and shares with us freely. Thanks.
After 45 years, I still keep in contact with my high school counselor and enjoy visiting with her.

My college friend (from over 40 years ago) and I still connect in ways that I can't explain. Being with her is like being home. We can share so much over a cup of coffee, it's like time has stood still.
I'm ever grateful for these friends! They have made my life so much richer.




I was blessed to attend a gathering for my brother's milestone birthday. Birthdays are a time to let others know how much they mean in our lives, and how much we appreciate them. Dave, you're the best! Thanks to you and Cindy for giving us a week of your precious time! I love you guys!


Going home to California was a resting place for my soul. Makes me anticipate Heaven all the more, when I'll really be home.



No comments:

Post a Comment