Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanks be to God


The turkey is packed away, and the pineapple casserole is consumed. This Thanksgiving Day is a day to remember. All six kids and Katelyn made the day very special indeed. After preparing the warm custard apple pie, and the cranberry orange salad and cornbread yesterday, I rose this morning to bake Mother Earth bread,
cornbread dressing, and get the ham ready to go.
Joel Orr, Katy's wonderful husband, smoked the turkey this year. It was super! David and Julie made a memorable pumpkin cheesecake (the spices are in the crust...wow!), green bean casserole and praline yams. Danny brought his camera and prepared to take pictures after dinner. The family picture is a good one, I think. Katelyn still looked worried every time she looked at me, and cried when I took her. She's still remembering the traumatic day a couple of weeks ago when Jess and Danny left her here (by herself, sob) for about eleven hours. She felt abandoned, I guess, because she just wasn't happy. Here she was again at the place. She just wasn't sure! I hope soon she won't feel threatened by me. I love her so much!
David and Julie are thinking of the name Matthew for their little boy. I know he will add much love to our family, too.
Tonight, as the only one up, I'm able to sit and thank God for a wonderful family.
" You are my God and I will give you thanks; you are my God and I will exalt You. Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever!" Psalm 118: 28-29

No comments:

Post a Comment