Saturday, December 12, 2009

Wonders of the Season







As Christmas approaches, it's easy to get caught up in the parties, eating, shopping, eating, etc. We had a lovely brunch this morning for my Sunday school class. 19 ladies came, and did we ever have fun, and enjoy tasty morsels. About an hour later, Danny, Jessica, and Katelyn came to spend the afternoon. We visited El Toro for lunch and enjoyed fajitas. (Katelyn only eyed them! Next year you can taste some of the treats!) Katelyn has looked at me suspiciously since Danny and Jess left her at our house for many hours while they shot a wedding Galveston. Today, she finally let me hold her without crying. That thrills this old gran no end! Tomorrow we sing and ring for our Christmas program. Singing about Jesus's birth is a highlight of the season. He's the reason we celebrate. Let's not forget!

1 comment:

  1. Love her, love her! Kaitlyn is just too beautiful, Mrs. H. I'm so glad to see updates! (I was about to have to do a pester comment, because I was beginning to have Kaitlyn withdrawals!)

    I always show Neil new baby pictures on blogs and he smiled really big when I pointed to Kaitlyn and said Baby Girl.

    Y'all are going to have a fun Christmas!

    ReplyDelete